Ryan Cullmann with RC Construction & Remodeling talks about affordable home improvements to sell your home more quickly and for more money. These are so simple and easy, most can be done within a day and do wonders to improve the look and feel of your home.
7 Affordable Home Improvements for Marketing Your Home
- New doors and baseboards – Changing the doors and baseboards, or painting them, will give the home that fresh feeling. Go for a semi-gloss white or off-white paint. It’s easy to clean and really pops, especially against darker paint colors on walls.
- New kitchen backsplashes – Many people may not have a backsplash, or they have a low-quality or degraded looking one. A new backsplash can start at $5 and go up to $50. A tile backsplash can be installed and grouted within one day.
- Flooring – Many builder homes use lower-quality flooring in smaller rooms, like linoleum. You can change the look of a smaller room or bathroom drastically by tiling it. It is a quick fix and won’t cost much. For example, and 8ft by 5ft bathroom with materials and labor could be done in 2 days and cost roughly $600.
- Ceiling fans and lighting fixtures – If any of the rooms in your house don’t have ceiling fans or stylish lighting fixtures, installing them will add a nice touch. Old, broken, or dingy ceiling fans and light fixtures should be replaced with new ones with modern designs and finishes.
- New cabinet hardware – a new kitchen is costly, but along with replacing the backsplash, adding new knobs and handles to the cabinets can go a long way to making the kitchen look newer and up to date.
- Painting the whole home – It’s amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do. Even painting the ceiling will make a huge difference. Choose neutral colors that will brighten the home and go easily with any kind of decor.
- Carpeting – stained or worn carpet can give a bad first impression, especially for first-time homebuyers who are anticipating the ‘new home’ feel. Replace any old carpeting. You can remove the old carpeting yourself and save a bundle on labor costs.
About Ryan Cullmann and RC Construction & Remodeling
Ryan is a graduate of Missouri State with a degree in Construction Management. He started this business on a whim in 2009, and has flourished ever since. He knows that a home is a person’s most prized possession. Ryan loves to do customized projects for his clients. Seeing them happy in the end makes it all worthwhile. RC Construction & Remodeling does basements, kitchens, bathrooms, decks, additions, painting, and more.
Contact Ryan Cullmann and RC Construction & Remodeling
Connect with Bob!